Day 3 of exercises to reduce neck pain and stiffness is all about side bending. Do you feel pain or a block when you try to bend your ear to your shoulder? Then this one's for you! This information comes from the Canadian Chiropractic Guideline Initiative in partnership with the Centre for Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation.
1. Sit comfortably with a straight back and head facing forward
2. Gently place your right hand over your head toward your left ear.
3. Gently tuck your chin and start to move your right ear toward your right shoulder.
4. Repeat to the other side. Make sure to keep your chin tucked.
4. If you feel like you want more stretch, add some gentle pressure with your right hand.
5. Repeat 10 times, 5 times per day.
Check back tomorrow for Day 4 of Neck Exercises for pain and stiffness.